Sunday, September 20, 2009

Oh, what a fine web we weave....

"A time will come when a politician who has willfully made war and promoted international dissension will be as sure of the dock and much surer of the noose than a private homicide. It is not reasonable that those who gamble with men's lives should not stake their own. "H. G. Wells

Bonjour all,

The past couple of weeks have been pre-occupied with my academics, and as such, I was not able to update on here.

In short, I have retrieved my status as a student once more, opening the realm of learning all that is possible within my five credit course load. Of course, I would acquire French and German and perfecting Mandarin which I have on a language exchange program which I am engaged in... they say that the best form of learning takes place outside the classroom.

I say why not both, one should not limit themselves to one output.


This weekend I had the opportunity to attend a JHR (Journalists for Human Rights) conference in the city... the media is a very useful tool to portray such aspects as that of human rights, Rights Media as it is coined.



To be able to let people aware of their full rights as a human being to me, should be upheld as highly as possible. For example, not many people pay much attention to that of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, yet they affect us in an immense way throughout all levels of order. They set down a way where we have the freedom of expression, life, liberty and security. Aspects which at times sadly, we take it all too granted.
If you were to look at many other nations, women are seen as inferior, abused, stripped down of the right to be able to live a full life with potential on their side.
Something to put in the backyard of your mind.




On another note, as fall has arrived, so has interesting films that I have come across. One of them being on the life and works of one of my favourite historical figures alongside that of Leonardo da Vinci and so forth, and that is that of Charles Darwin.



Darwin is the most important figure in our understanding of the natural world. This majority of the first week of September I've dived attention into his The Origins of Species. A fine read which I can attest to it.

The film is called Creation and it stars Paul Bettany and Jennifer Connelly. Both good actors in their own right and its seems as if there could be Oscar potential- still early days. Looking forward to the premiere date. Films like these instill excitement within me as that of a 17 year old with Twilight, but cut the insanity by half.




And that's all for now, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails