Saturday, September 12, 2009

Doubt that the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move...

John Milton's Paradise Lost, Book 2:

Into this wilde Abyss,
The Womb of nature and perhaps her Grave,
Of neither Sea, nor Shore, nor Air, nor Fire,
But all these in their pregnant causes mixt
Confus'dly, and which thus must ever fight,
Unless th' Almighty Maker them ordain
His dark materials to create more Worlds,
Into this wilde Abyss the warie fiend
Stood on the brink of Hell and look'd a while,
Pondering his Voyage; for no narrow frith
He had to cross. — Book 2, lines 910–920



Bonjour all,
Updating the last form of pictures I had of the final weeks of summer. Then afterwards, onward to more academic topics in the upcoming weeks to come!



I had indeed taken upon a nice Broccoli quiche while I was at the Distillery District two weeks ago with a couple of friends.


That week was especially nice in terms of weather and we all decided to go there as none of us had gone in a long while...while we were there, it seemed that there was an Art Fair going on with tents of artworks and jewellery being displayed for sale... came upon this exhibition which literally had me spellbound.


When I entered the room... all along were exquisite dolls which for me were so fantastic, given that they were so unique in such a Victorian/Alice in wonderland sort of air.


These figures I adored, for they seemed as if they belonged in an interesting animated film.

I loved the intricate details of this one... it's something I would imagine only in the furthest back of my mind.


Absolutely wonderful.







Of course the first thing we popped into before this exhibition was Cafe Balzac.



As it was particularly warm that day, especially inside, we all took to getting sodas.


The inside felt as if I stepped back through time... I'm really glad there are places such as these that we can relive such times.




There were interesting art sculptures as well.



These were taken while I was visiting a friend in Mississauga ...the place around this area was very modern and nice, with Square One and nearby theatres and Chapters.



As well, I finally fulfilled the small goal of attempting to go to the Toronto Islands, which was a good decision indeed.


The scenery alongside the ferry was lovely.



I remember those fighter jet planes roaring overhead for the Canadian National Exhibition for a show that they do...they drifted over the sky and around.


If you look closely you can see for of them grouped together... shot this in such a grand moment.
We arrived to the grounds and from there, headed to Centreville...where we saw giant swans! With people on these giant swans! *gasp*









Mother Goose came along to tell us a story, and brought a pal along as well.


This was on an aerial view shot as me and my friend took the Sky Ride...couldn't miss that shot of opportunity.



For a mere minute if I eliminated the fact that we were held by cable wires..it looked like we were under large umbrellas with seats.. floating above...



And that's all for now, ciao!

3 comments:

  1. that cafe looks wonderful
    i love places that take you a step back in time

    also i completely agree with your little bit about me
    rooftops reading austen sounds delightful as does the parlour games with old chaps :)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, loviiiinnnggg it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The opera house looks gorgeous! I'd love to peek inside there one day

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails