Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Sacré-Coeur Boy: "The fool looks at a finger that points at the sky."

The oneness of human beings is the basic ethical thread that holds us together.
         - Muhammad Yunus

Bonjour all!
Lately I've been kept due to the strenuous activities in the world of academia. But here it goes!
"You look like ten cents a dance." scoffed my friend, as I continued walking down the street, in what seems like just another dreary cold fall day.
Of course, that scenario never happened, seeing as I actually have kind friends who nonetheless, even if i do look in such a horrid state, would never be caught as such in the first place.


Without a doubt, it is officially autumn. Oh how I adore going along and seeing the trees winking in their majestic reds, oranges, yellows and some greens. How it floats to the ground as I step right by. The fact that I opt out for my boots rather than flats, thick warm scarves and coats, drinking apple cider while balancing my European Politics textbook with the other hand, I am certainly in my good place.

An act of kindness: When I was sitting in the train, I was reading my book and I guess my thoughts wondered out. I didn't notice at first that the stranger next to me was paying attention to me. Then she reached out just as the train was coming to a halt and then whispered, "The best thing about life is that you never stop smiling at things no one knows but yourself." 
And then she left, leaving me awestruck. I guess what she said has some truth to it which I never even bothered to think about nowadays.

Good times have come abound as the past weeks I was able to seek a blast from the past... more of this summer actually. Friends from  came back to the city and got to catch up with them which was good to hear.


On another note, recently there has been much campaigning to save the David Dunlap Observatory, to which I completely agree on the fact that this observatory marks important milestones in Canada's scientific history!
When I was younger, I used to remember while being in the car and driving by the highway, far away, I can spot its white dome lodged in between a thrush of green woods. I just hope it would continued to be protected, because such things deserve to be intact for years to come so that many may have the experience of the simple beauty such structures open in order for us to see the sky above.

And that's all for now, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails