Thursday, October 29, 2009

On Grandeur

Dost thou love life?
Then do not squander time,
for that is the stuff life is made of.
Benjamin Franklin



Bonjour all!

Recently, a lot of things I have been particularly fond of in terms of heightened interest, which allows me to further expand on what I like to do and take part of.
How much I take great strides to slowly walk around campus, to see such amazing imagery of nature around me, harmonizing with the older architecture.


Lately, there has seem to be a huge outbreak of news of this particular H1N1 (also know as swine flu) which seems to have grasped my very city and beyond. To be honest, this rise of such a dilemma leaves me feeling like where I stand right now, where society is right now dealing with this problem, seems to be coming out from films we would see in the cinema. What will happen in the near future: further isolation, seclusion, loss. I feel like I'm outside looking in, that I have a hint of denial that such a sweep of an illness could in fact be faced with a definite consequences as death.


On a lighter note, there have been a greater increase in the want to help others, to those who I may not personally see or meet in this lifetime, but to understand that I can make a difference in this world. Free The Children, or JHR (Journalists for Human Rights) are some of the many who are trying to set that change. I know I want to see a better realization of a world where we can say that we are making that surge of effort, we really do want to see a change happen, rather than theorize that thought of such happenings.


Halloween is coming up. I recall that when I was younger, I remember going Trick or Treating door-to-door and alongside asking for candy, I also asked for a donation for UNICEF. For me it wasn't a daunting challenge. It was thinking that such a small amount of money could give clean water or food to those in need in many parts of the world.
Yes, the world of a university student has in fact, brought a very busy schedule. One thing's for sure, I truly find my European Politics class a hoot. The various political structures within Europe, I just find it interesting. A light dream would be that I would end up living in Europe... perhaps maybe one day...one can only dream!


Recently another thing in which I would call the "dreaming love" of, is to travel by train. The whole sense of traveling old-world style to seek out the mysteriousness and grandeur it seems to hold, is captivating within my storybook mind. Who knows, there can be a mysterious love with a stranger as well, haha.

One thing's for sure, I've been listening to a lot more of classical music, being one of my favorites, and recently I've been listening to Bach's Cello Suite No. 1 over and over again. I think apart from the piano, the sound of a cello really reaches deep into your soul and can vibrate right through you... that's how I feel it anyway. Starting to practice the piano more, which is great!
Also picked up writing, more of sketching and writing down thoughts, a random blip, a sentence which I find mesmerizing.
You know what else is a hoot: The Big Bang Theory! Bought Season Two of the show, and I honestly can't get enough of it. Sheldon really is something, I wish he was my friend, haha.

Well, that's all for now, ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails