Wednesday, June 3, 2009

To live life without any limitations

Musique: Ludovico Einaudi- La Linea Scura



"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." - Anatole France



I think there are certain moments in one's life where you come upon something grand, and from there on, it takes your breath away.


Whether it be people that you just met, wisps of dandelions floating away, a laughter, a sigh. I've had the privilege to be able to spend quality time within these summer months to really think forward and expand as much as I can in all pursuits...


I seek to purchase a Moleskine and from there I will sketch thing that inspire me, jot down certain words or phrases or quotes from near and far- most importantly as I have always wanted to do now with the time given to me... I would like to start writing out finely the memoirs of my life so far and the inspirations that make me who I am today.



I can't help being strongly influenced by the character of Benjamin Button in the film where he has this admirable wide-eyed, gentle grace of viewing things and when it comes to learning, or listening to the stories of people he's met.


At one point in my life, I have been such a character...but it seems as I got older, I become constricted to what society tells me to do or be, or that individualism just gets in the way. It was only until I arrived at university where I have met amazing people and been exposed to different things, did I see a spot of light, an open window in exploring and observing the vast abilities of what I can do, what I can be, how I express myself.



Well in recent events, yesterday evening I went to the cinema with a friend of mine who hails from France, to go see the film "Little Ashes" illustrates the young life and the loves of artist Salvador Dalí, filmmaker Luis Buñuel and writer Federico García Lorca. It's how this film captures such essence of the entanglement of life through its mysterious courses.. how being different seems to always provide such an enlightening way to see things in life.... it dawned on me as I watched this.


To be quite honest, I never really liked Robert Pattison, being with the whole Twilight craze and all that...but after this film, I must say he does have legit acting chops. I have a new found respect for him. He portrayed Dali to a way that just made you want to love him as sometimes it felt that he was such an inner tortured soul and you wanted to reach out to him.


Salvador Dali in general, is one of my favourite artists in the sense that when you gaze upon his artwork, it seems to bring you to a different dimension, dares you to imagine things unreal and unseen and worlds you couldn't possibly have thought to exist and for that, I am truly grateful we have such artists to bring such views to the table.
In the words as Salvador Dali in the film states: "From this point on, my real life begins."


That's all for now, bisous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails