Sunday, June 7, 2009

Glittering. Elegant. Intrigue. Seamless.

Musique: Muse- Endlessly

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. " - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Bonjour loves!

Had a magical afternoon, which consisted of a wonderful trip down to St. Lawrence....
I was with my friend from France who has never been down there so without a doubt, we had to go. To be honest, as we were walking there, I was still a bit groggy from waking up early.. but as the conversations flowed and laughter ebbed through, it brightened up my spirit- there's nothing like friends being there to lift your heart up.
Once we got there, I just had to show him my favourite bookstore in the entire city- Nicholas Hoare.

We searched through their lovely selection of books.. I swear, I can completely be broke in purchasing all those books they display.. I want them all to my private collection! One of the must haves I ended up getting was "Left Bank" which I thought would be a lovely leisure read... and it truly is.. read this during work and I'm a quarter of the way through.

As we scanned through all the shelves, a particular book caught my eye.
Without hesitation, we grabbed and sat on the couches near the fireplace.
My friend, he lives in Lille, which is one of the featured towns .. as we began turning the pages, I pronounced the places in french, with sometimes the reassurance and clarification from my friend... whenever he speaks french, I swear, he can be saying the most dirtiest words and it would still sound sexy... the french languages is like that! I did let that comment be known and he laughed. But that wasn't the BEST PART.

The BEST PART was that as we were going through all those breathtaking photos of places like Corsica, St. Tropez, Cannes, Chartres, Lille and so much more, I think everyone in that bookstore can sense and hear my excitement, with the occasional jab of "Ohhhhh that is soo beautiful!!" "Oh I want to live there!" and "I can SO picture myself there right now... let's go, let's just GO". While doing that, he would just go on telling me about certain facts and saying the towns in french and where he's been.
It was there that we stumbled across a GRAND plan that possibly next summer, if I really set my heart in it- for a a week or two I would go to France, and from there with his car, we would set our sights on several of those stunning small towns I wished to go and do a sort of road trip in France!!!
I jumped at the chance and the fact that realistically this could really happen is just unbelievable... I already want the year to go by so I can go!!!!!

We stuck awhile talking about the Grand plan, until we decided to explore and move on. From there, we went to St. Lawrence Market...

The St. Lawrence Market on the outside looks like one of those old European style sort of town hall with the large clock on the tower... but inside... it was filled with shops with meat, seafood, pizzas and pastas, wines, and cheese. So much cheese, it made me want to do a wine and cheese affair right then and there.. but the urge for some Italian got in the way, haha.


Afterwards, we strolled along the park... and the one thing that stood above all else in my mind, was how as we were walking along- all you can breathe in was the scent of jasmine...
It was intoxicating in such a good way. I paused just to close my eyes and bit and breathe in the scent that was surrounding the park.


I Carry Your Heart With Me by E. E. Cummings
I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)
I am never without it (Anywhere i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing,my darling)
I fear no fate (For you are my fate, my sweet)


I want no world (For beautiful you are my world, my true)
And it's you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you here is the deepest secret nobody knows (Here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
And this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)

And that's all for now, bisous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails