Monday, October 10, 2011

A Second's Thought


(Photo: Oxford's Bodleian Library)

Lovely minds, think alike:

Virginia Woolf  described walking past a library at Oxford in contemplation: “I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse perhaps to be locked in.”



(Photo: Inside the Bodleian Library)

I have always dreamt of opening a book store that would reminisce an atmosphere Sherlock Holmes would enjoy walking through, in a lovely neighbourhood somewhere within the city. If that can't be done, I will continue to improve and collect unique editions and rare books as I have done thus far, and create the most stunning home library the world has ever seen.
 A girl can dream...and possibly succeed.

2 comments:

  1. this may seem completely childish and crazy, but when watching The Beauty & The Beast with my crumb, my favorite part is when he shows her the library. all those magnificent books become hers...oh what a gift. a lifetime of treasured words to have and to hold.

    i would love to visit your bookstore some day. :) dreams do come true...keep chasing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my favourite moment as well! An unforgettable scene that's for sure- thanks so very much Mel. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails