Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hello April...

"And Spring arose on the garden fair,

Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;

And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast rose from the dreams of its wintry rest."

- Percy Bysshe Shelley, The Sensitive Plant

Hello all!

(Photo: Tamiih)


At last, we have arrived at one of the most promising months that will ease us into brighter days and resplendent nights- but before that, there will be showers!


I am happy to announce that I have joined Pinterest! So drop by often for daily doses of inspiration, and better yet, follow!


(Photo: Fantastic Pics)

As of late, I have been smitten by some wonderful things which I would love to share with you all: Fall in love with BBC's Women in Love, a two-part drama starring Rosamund Pike, Rachael Stirling, and Rory Kinnear. Women in Love is based on D.H. Lawrence's adaptation of novels The Rainbow and Women in Love where it portrays the lives of two sisters, as they deal with passion and love in the build-up to the First World War. Rosamund Pike is definitely one of my favorite actresses, especially in films as Pride and Prejudice and An Education. I can't wait to watch this:




I can't get enough of this! As a big perfume lover, I've collected perfume bottles and have elegantly displayed them in a old-fashioned cabinet, and this Happ and Stahns Perfume is just utterly beautiful. It was inspired by The Grand Tour - a trip across Europe enjoyed by young ladies in the 19th century as a finishing course to their educations- how very lovely indeed!

(Photo: Anthropologie)

Ever wondered what the real story was behind the beloved "The Little Prince"? Well I happened to be browsing at my favorite bookstore and I came across this book, which instantly drew me in as probably one of the most romantic stories to be told. Antoine De Saint-Exupery's love for his wife Consuelo was like no other, and there are actually images of telegraphs and letters they had sent to one another inside the book- what they have written left my heart bruised. Knowing that there was a real-life person behind the "rose" was inspiring.




Until next time!


Joie de vivre,


Joanne

2 comments:

  1. so looking forward to the warmer weather! and cannot wait to see the new Woody Allen movie, the trailer looks great! and have to look into the TV Series, love those epic movies! xoxo

    Giveaway over my place:

    http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/2011/04/giveaway-bloggers-bookazine.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails