Saturday, February 13, 2010

Love is...

And me, I still believe in paradise. But now at least I know it's not some place you can look for, cause it's not where you go. It's how you feel for a moment in your life when you're a part of something, and if you find that moment it lasts forever.
-The Beach
Truly this is a weekend of love, and what do I love?
~
Sunlight pouring through, kissing your face and bathing its glow throughout the entire room
Erin Fetherston

Dior and Chanel's Haute Couture SS 2010



Garden-inspired dresses
An American in Paris film

Balloons in the sky
Sitting under a big willow tree with a book in your lap... my grandmother used to have these two great willow trees in the front yard with a big swing underneath in her previous home and a small forest in the backyard... it was my escape to my own little world. I'll never forget those summer days I spent when I was a child there.

Jane Austen's works - i remember from somewhere that mentions how in her own life, she was not able to find her own happy ending, but that her characters in her novels she would give them that love and such beautiful endings that would make up her own.

Lace
Jasmine tea

Treehouses. My grandmother's neighbor had a huge one with a latch in the bottom of the room and slides, a bridge, and on the wooden front door, we painted "Our Club" on it. Adventures never ceased there.
Beautiful big open windows with white curtains being lifted from the breeze and the scent of lavender surrounds you on a summer's day

Bright Star
Going on a hot air balloon and having a picnic there

White chocolate
The English countryside

By the seaside in a white cottage
Painting with watercolors
Paris...

The sound of a cello against the melodic keys of the piano
Flowers in beautiful vases
When a guy has an accent...(it melts my heart, and I don't think I'm the only one who agrees)
Delicate perfume bottles (i've kept all of the ones I had)

Beautiful old journals
Old- fashioned feather pens with ink bottles
Walking along the boardwalk near the Harbourfront on a bright and clear day and watch ships sail by.

Letters.

Dancing badly (on my part). I get so blissfully giddy when I do that with someone I love.
Midnight chats with friends
Beautiful ballet-inspired dresses

Seashells and hanging them up with satin ribbons
Going to the art gallery and stand among the greats and their proof of the extraordinary.
So here you go, a glimpse of what I love, what are yours? I'd love to know!

Take care and that's all for now, ciao!


(Fashion pictures courtesy from style.com, remainder pictures from Tumblr)


Share/Bookmark

16 comments:

  1. Sweet blog i love this! :)
    Xoox- Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brown paper packages tied up with strings,
    These are a few of my favourite things ;P

    Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post
    and happy valentines day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. in love with all your ideas and images of love, happy valentines day!

    xoxo
    http://itsuglycute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Ioni- haha thanks toots, you're the best.
    @ Daisychain- thanks so much hope you had a great one!
    @ Ugly Cute- awww im so glad you do, happy love day to you too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful things you love! I so want a treehouse. Lovely post!
    And Happy Valentine's!

    iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That makes the both of us Emma! I still wish I had something like that..to get away from reality for while at times, haha. Thanks a bunch!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wholeheartedly agree with your first item, sunlight. I never realize how much I love and need it until I've been without it for a while!

    Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Janet! I know what you mean sometimes its such small details that you need embracing the most. Hope you did as well! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stumbled across your blog and feel in love with it instantly! What a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, so many wonderful things in the space of this one post! I don't quite know what to do with myself. <3

    Though I doubt it would ever happen, I someday hope to own a house whose yard has a big willow tree in it. My great grandmother had one i her backyard, and while it didn't have a swing like your grandmother's did, it definitely made me feel like I was in a world of my own. I remember running in and out of the branches and thinking I was going into an alternate universe or something.

    I heard that about Jane Austen once before, too. It's kind of unfortunate really that she never was able to find her own love considering her books are so filled with it.

    Bright Star! <3 I'll spare you the gushing ramble. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog. And the song that is playing on your blog right now (Always Summer). And most of all, I love all the things you have listed here, they make me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ My Owl Barn- Thank you so much!
    @ Krissy0 ooohhhh you!!!! And I know I'm so in a Austenian phase, i never want to wake up from this reverie.. i know, I can dedicate my entire life to Bright Star and Keats ^^
    @ Kato, thank you so much... Always Summer is simply THE most adored piano piece of all time, it takes me back to moments this past summer which are unforgettable. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful post! Happy belated Valentine's day! Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely!! i love the first picture!


    yellowscarff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails