Saturday, January 2, 2010

I had always thought that i was the little prince. Little did I know that after I met him, I was the aviator all along.

Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.
Leon J. Suenes

Bonjour all!
A new decade has arrived and with it, new hopes, new opportunities, new dreams, as well as more windows and doors to open.
Well as my winter break begins to slowly draw the curtains down, I must say, as I reflect back, that it has been quite a stir, and with it lessons learned, friendships brightened, and life becoming more unpredictable as ever, however in a good way.
Last night, I had the chance to share a wonderful evening with my friend, who came from France for the holidays, and my sister, to enjoy Toronto in the wintertime. Yes, it was simply delightful to see snow clinging to branches, and seeing the winter lights all over the city, but the wind chill was enough to make you stay indoors.
Went to Bier Markt down near the St. Lawrence, one of my favorite hangouts in the city, and grabbed some Markt poutine as well as interesting desserts as Belgian Chocolate Fondue.

On New Years Eve, I had the pleasure of having enjoyable company to engage in places down at King, first taking some Fruuli , fries, and Creme Brulee at Beer Bistro. Upon receiving the Creme Brulee, I had the definite urge to crack its surface as Amelie has done in "Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain " Felt immensely satisfied afterwards.

Afterwards, half an hour before midnight, we all headed to Nathan Philips Square, where there was a massive blur of people surrounding the premise. It was incredible to see so many people gathered at this one place all counting down to a new decade. It was absolutely thrilling when everyone cried out loud: "Three, Two, One!" and then a blast of red and white fireworks erupting the sky, followed by gold sprays. I know I was truly excited, hugging all my friends and praying that only things will only go up from here on out.
Well spending time with my friend who came from France, like this summer, I really got the chance to see the city in a different feel. One night, we were playing along and headed to Union Station, all the while I pretended that we had to catch the London train. We decided to go up on the platform and for a moment, I was silent.

There was low humming, and a peaceful quiet echoed throughout the platform. There's just something about train stations, any train stations that unravels my imagination and springs forth this energy of thinking things grand. A possible lover awaiting her love to arrive during the time of war, friends eagerly awaiting each other's company for years of not having seen one another would issue great memories as soon as they meet, things like that.
While exploring the city in the wintertime, I also managed to taste quite a lot of desserts during the holidays. At Cafe Nervosa down at Yorkville, they have great tiramisu- the kind my grandmother has on her birthday.
While I was sitting and relaxing, you had the perfect view of Anthropologie right across. I have made a couple of trips there and I must say its love really.

All along that street, there are shops which left me riveting. Teatro Verde, Paper Things, Anthropologie, especially in Teatro Verde where they had these amazing composer busts I wished I had purchased, but sold out. Wanted to get Schubert and Chopin.
Will make a return to Cafe Nervosa soon. I enjoyed its atmosphere.
Also I had a fantastic opportunity to catch up on some film-watching. Films include: New York, I Love You (which literally left me wanting to do something similar for Toronto) Nine, Sherlock Holmes (everyone close to me know how badly i was dying to see this and I've been talking about this for ages- in fact, I liked it so much that I went to see it twice.), Avatar, Adam (thought it was amazing, Hugh Dancy is just wow).
There's just something about winter lights that just brings such a magical element to things they drape upon. Like a little pixie dust to the everyday mundane things in life to remind us that with just a dash of light, even the most ugly buildings or places can glow in rapture.

And that's all for now, ciao!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE coming to your blog hun, it's always tres magical. Hope you have a great week!

    A.A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyy blog looks amazing. Makin my day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails