Friday, January 8, 2010

Something I wrote as I was looking out the window at a cafe

Our waking hours form the text of our lives, our dreams, the commentary.
Anonymous


Winter

Why is it that every time I close my eyes,
It seems as though I could see you right through.
Your voice, your tears, your shadows, your fears,
It simply goes right through.

You're always in my thoughts and dreams.
Sinking into my universe.
Hold fast to me, I will carry you,
You're gone when I'm awake.

All this time, I seem to drift
Among these ashes of yesterday
Where only sands of time remain.
Now there only seems to be bare remnants of a golden star
How beautiful, how heart-breaking, how startling it once was.
Gone, when I'm awake.






Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. hey,
    thank you so much for your lovely comment!
    I'm glad you liked the post!

    Love,
    ChloƩ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails