Thursday, July 23, 2009

When did I wake....

Musique: Ludovico Einaudi- I Due Fiumi

"First there is a time when we believe everything, then for a little while we believe with discrimination, then we believe nothing whatever, and then we believe everything again - and, moreover, give reasons why we believe. " -Georg Christoph Lichtenberg(1742 - 1799)


Bonjour luves!

Lately, I've been finding myself heading towards specific places to which I can say, is like a second home to me. Especially in some places around the university where there are marvellous old buildings that house fun! For example, my friend and I decided to play a haughty round of chess.

Of course, towards the end of the game, my friend from New York bumped into us, and from there, they began a game of their own. I must say, they were both really good at it. It was quite awhile before one of them won. I like the chess picture I took as one of them look like their clapping their hands really fast, haha.

As well, within the past week, a couple of my friends and I would opt to go play some pool. I love to play pool, but I'm utterly terrible at it and is just starting to get better with aim and whatnot. It's quite fun, playing it every night into the late evening.

I think from 10 until midnight are the best times to just be in a grand room and either play a round of pool, or what I've also done, sit and read out loud in french to my french friend, in order to perfect my accent.


On Wednesday, on a lunch date, my friend took me to this place known as "The Old Spaghetti Factory" He has been there before and mentioned to me that when he did, he knew I would like it.


And he was quite right! I mean inside really swaps you away from modernity. They even have this really interesting old telephone booth, which I pretended to make an Important Call, haha.



I liked how they had these old posters and items from the earlier eras.






They even had that old-fashioned trolley which I found that you can eat inside. Now that was pretty neat, I shall do that the next time I come.



Of course, as soon as we finished lunch, we stepped off into the partly sunny day and strolled around the St. Lawrence.


The area on the Esplanade is really beautiful. The fact that I love how even in such an urbanized area such as Toronto, you can still find hidden jewels of either buildings or places that just completely stops time and takes you away from here.





Last night, I was with a good friend of mine. We walked around campus, just talking and he let me in on some of his travels that he's been to. From South Africa, to Argentina, the people he's met, the things he have done. It made me yearn for more of that sort of lifestyle, to just drop everything and go travelling. He said that I was still young that there will be plenty more of that. I claimed to disagree and saddened at the thought that I might be in school forever (not that I don't mind, I do love school and its lovely atmosphere).



The best moments in life would probably be best remembered with a cherry on top.
I would say from dusk until dawn, i indeed saw the sun rise and with that, a sense of accomplishment.



Lingering on the soft days of summer, it can be very trying and at the same time very sensible indeed.
But these are early days, mind you.

And that's all for now, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails