Monday, June 15, 2009

They're like photographs captured in the air....

"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead." Louisa May Alcott


Bonjour loves!
So Luminato has come to an end, but I'm really glad I've been able to attend some of the great feats that they had. With the help of great friends, I've been kept busy- which I like because that's what summer's all about!



I have a deep fondness for train stations, and of course with my friend and I when we have deep conversations, we would sit at Union and discuss the course of events, and our fascinating world, haha. I've also been picking up more french with my friend from France, and to be honest, I'm a perfectionist, and as we were sitting outside the French Cafe near the Art Gallery, I've probably said "Musee des Beaux-Arts de L'Ontario" like fifteen times to perfect without an English accent. In return I'm attempting to teach him English without the french accent.

Also on that day, we stopped by the Royal Ontario Museum- also known as The Crystal... checked out the Museum Store there and it has all these interesting things, from Japan to Africa, as we looked around... then sat in the Spirit Room... but too bad we didn't' hear voices this time around.



So on Saturday at the Harbourfront... Cirque Du Soleil was performing- to be honest it was my first time seeing their act... I knew what they were all about and just never thought otherwise...but after their performance, I'm stunned to pieces.
The fact that with I've been to Harbourfront twice in a row is really not bad, the atmosphere's very carefree and its near the lake and the people are lovely, not to mention the things that are going on there. Perfect for that summertime feel.


I love walking on the boardwalk...especially when you look over your shoulder, the CN Tower's looming above, where at night, it lights up in colours so splendid.


Also the boats that were drifting along were stunning at night when their lights stood out from the dark surrounding.


So for the last day of Luminato on Sunday, there was another spectacular performance of Cirque du Soleil, which lasted an hour, but the things they do! Incredible and really proves that if we put our minds to it, we can literally do anything- heart, mind and soul.



And that's all for now, bisous!

3 comments:

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails