Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Me? I Like Paris In The Rain

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
-Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls

 

I must admit: today wasn't the most brightest of days. First, there's the sinking acknowledgement that it's a Tuesday- a far cry from being a Friday. Secondly, as I was heading out of the office at the end of what seemed to be a Very Long Day, it began to rain.
Like the best of us, we don't think very highly of overcast weather, let alone being wet when it does pour. As raindrops began to fall, I reached into my bag and took out my umbrella. As I stepped out, I couldn't help but think about that scene in Midnight in Paris when Gil admits that Paris becomes a place to love all over again in the rain.
He does have a point- there's something about the rain that releases a sort of quiet bliss- this can be felt everywhere.
And remember: although April showers may come your way, they bring the flowers that bloom in May. Because Al Jolson told me so.

When it rains, I always find myself either listening or humming this wonderful song:



I adore Edith Piaf's version, but Louis Armstrong's take on La Vie En Rose is perfect for days like these.
Here's to always looking at life through rose-coloured glasses.

3 comments:

  1. Rain can be uncomfortable and gloomy at times, but it's an absolute blessing to me. There hasn't been enough in the past year or two, and it makes everything so rich and beautiful when it comes, especially in this time of year.

    We're a lot closer to Friday today. ;) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of focus but ... I only wanted to warn you, since you didn't answer my e-mail message. You've won a book at my Austen -dedicated blog. Have a look at http://thesecretunderstandingofthehearts.blogspot.it/2012/04/for-myself-alone-by-shannon-winslow.html
    and write to me at learnonline.mgs@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Hazel for your very lovely comment! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails