Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"Let's Go On An Adventure"- And Other Thoughts and Inspirations

“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” 
– Jawaharial Nehru 


Recently I've come upon some interesting and inspirational things which I want to share with everyone- so happy reading!

I love this.

Visit:

The Mussenden Temple located near Castlerock in Northern Ireland, is on my "Places To Visit In My Lifetime" list- it truly is the most romantic library I've come across so far.
What's even more amazing is the inscription written around the building:

 "Tis pleasant, safely to behold from shore/ The rolling ship, and hear the tempest roar." 


 My desire to visit this place is incredibly huge- gahh!

Listen: 
Florence Welch (of Florence + The Machine) performing at Chanel's Spring/Summer 2012 show.
Who's looking at the models when Florence is standing there in full splendour?




Want:
The Florence +The Machine Limited Edition vinyls- photos taken by Karl Lagerfeld.



Never Let Me Go is one of my favorite songs from Florence. There's something about singing about the ocean which pulls at my heart strings.

Literary quotes which pulls at my heartstrings:


"How can I be reasonable? To me our love was everything and you were my whole life."
-W. Somerset Maughan, The Painted Veil

This book is a favourite. I have read this book at least three times and every time I am moved by Walter's love for Kitty and felt heart-wrenched when Kitty's infidelity was revealed! This incident released an unbearable effect on Walter, which is felt throughout the entire story. Each time I read this book, I can't help wondering about all of the what-ifs.
The title instantly pulls your attention- it was actually inspired by Shelley's sonnet: "Lift not the painted veil which those who live call life."

Things To Look Forward To:

I've been anticipating this book for a very long time- I've been a fan of C.S. Richardson's since stumbling upon "The End of the Alphabet". When I found out he was writing another book and it was called "The Emperor of Paris", I was highly intrigued. Now the cover's unveiled and a summary is out:

The Emperor of Paris

Like his father before him, Octavio runs the Notre-Dame bakery, and knows the secret recipe for the perfect Parisian baguette. But, also like his father, Octavio has never mastered the art of reading and his only knowledge of the world beyond the bakery door comes from his own imagination. Just a few streets away, Isabeau works out of sight in the basement of the Louvre, trying to forget her disfigured beauty by losing herself in the paintings she restores and the stories she reads. The two might never have met, but for a curious chain of coincidences involving a mysterious traveller, an impoverished painter, a jaded bookseller, and a book of fairytales, lost and found . .  (from Goodreads)
I can't wait to get a hands on a copy!

Anna Karenina (directed by Joe Wright) 
Love his films and am interested to see his adaptation of this classic. Matthew Macfadyen and Keira Knightley will be reunited once more, alongside actors as Jude Law, Aaron Johnson, Kelly Macdonald and Michelle Dockery!

Speaking of Michelle Dockery (as a big fan of Downton Abbey, I'm really enjoying most of what the actors do outside of the show):

BBC is planning to do an adaptation of William Boyd's "Restless" which Michelle is set to star in, alongside Hayley Atwell- very much looking forward to it. Oh BBC, you never fail to deliver excellent quality drama.

Have a fantastic week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails