Saturday, June 11, 2011

Once in awhile, right in the middle of the ordinary, life gives us a fairytale

"The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on for so long."- Unknown

Hello all,

Recently, I had a long talk with a friend during our long walks. I find that there is nothing so revering as an evening walk with a wonderful companion by your side- especially during warm summer evenings.
We began to talk about the significance of taking pictures and I remarked on how recently I have this growing intention to capture everything around me as much as I can through photos- no matter where I go, who I'm with- to be able to visually hold onto a moment is beautiful and noteworthy.
From this day on, I'm going to post more of my own photos here- a sort of a visual diary - of my life, as well as my writings!

Here are some that I want to share with you.

As I'm fond of exploring around the city, I came across this path one summer's day- and instantly I thought of "the road not taken". I was immediately tempted to walk down this path and see what was on the other end. It was beautiful.

I love Sundays for many reasons. One of them being that in the mornings I would make my way down to the St. Lawrence Antique Market- oh the treasure trove of loveliness that made the heart of an old soul like me skip a beat!

Strolling down the Harbourfront. There's something about being near the lake (or any type of body of water really) that just stirs my heart. Hearing some jazz music in the background instantly issues a charming effect.

One of my favourite type of flowers has got to be Hydrangeas. Especially the blue-violet ones. Place them in any type of room and it would light up the entire space. I took this in Niagara Falls.

Listen...

...to the lyrics to one of my favourite duo, Elenowen. This one of their songs, Honey Come Home. I can't stop listening to it, and their words are so pure and wonderful.



Let me pour you a glass of red
To get your mind off the things I said
I'd say sorry, you know I would
But my pride tastes too damn good

Let me pour you a glass of white
So you forget all of my lies
And I'd say sorry for what I've done
But I can't let go of what I want

So, please have mercy on me

Honey come home, you know I love you
And even when it breaks, my heart will beat for you
Oh my love, you're all I want
I know that it's never gonna come easy
But I would never even dream of leavin'
You're not alone, so come back home

Let our walls crash to the ground
Let our greed and pride fall down
Lets take a hand, run straight through the door
Invite love in to be our floor

Oh please, won't you stand beside me

Honey come home, you know I love you
Even when it breaks, my heart will beat for you
Oh my love, you're all I want
I know that it's never gonna come easy
But I would never even dream of leavin'
You're not alone, so come back home

Let's raise our glass to a new beginning
Forget our past and start forgiving

Honey come home, you know I love you
Even when it breaks, my heart will beat for you
Oh my love, you're all I want
I know that it's never gonna come easy
I would never even dream of leavin'
You're not alone, so come back home




Joie de vivre,

Joanne


Note: All of these photos are of my own. Please do not use them without permission- thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty song. I also love Jane Austen, I think Pride and prejudice is the best book she wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne,

    Your pictures are beautiful. Isn't it wonderful to have the opportunity and the tools to capture beautiful images?
    Enjoy this creative journey.

    Bon week-end,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the photos and the blog!

    I also wanted to say thank you for posting a comment on Peppercorn & Poppy back in May! I just saw it yesterday! So silly of me!

    I'm glad you like the uniqueness of my cards and do check back as I update (try to) the site with new cards every week.

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails