Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ode to Spring

Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.
Pamela Vaull Starr


Hello all!

Here is something that I wrote recently- a friend actually came up with an idea where I can put my verses and writings in print (where I'll come up with many beautiful designs, etc) and possibly frame them, where I'll then put it up on Etsy... thoughts??

This is in dedication to one of my favorite seasons... the promise of loveliness to come!

Spring


I came across a wintry garden one day
The sky so fine I fear it would ripple should something fly across.
My nerves are riveting with a strange sense of numbness.
Cold is its presence, long forgotten traces of memory.

Should I enter the threshold of your belonging
I fear I may lose control.
And now I'm down on my knees
Holding you close, I long to dream again.


We arrive at the edge of the age of wonder,
I longed to reach my fears, rip the ends and its seams.
Light follows me and when night falls, I keep that light out for you.
Blanketed by tiny kisses of stars, I then lie low in search of our castles in the sky.

When hours fall into years beneath me,
I reach out to feel the warmth of the wind during summer days.
When I walk, I step closer to where your heart is.
Pages of significant remedies, words channel deep to the sound of my inner symphony.

Photo: Kate from I'll Blow Your Mind

When I went back to the garden once more,
Such strength left winter speechless and degenerated.
The swelling deep inside me will not disappear
And I see lilies everywhere.
Monet closes his eyes and releases a heartbreaking sigh.

Photo: Kate from I'll Blow Your Mind
Joie de vivre,

Joanne

8 comments:

  1. I want to be under falling cherry blossoms right now! A perfectly dreamy poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope spring finds you soon! It is my favorite season too!

    xo, Strawberry Moth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready for spring too! Such lovely images :) XOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,
    Your Blog is soo adorable..

    I'm your newest follower.
    come check me out at.
    www.vintageprettypearl.blogspot.com


    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  5. These words are amazing. My favorite lines are "Blanketed by tiny kisses of stars" and "When I walk, I step closer to where your heart is." The entire poem has such a dreamy and romantic sense to it. It wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely looove your blog! One of the best I've encountered!
    Love, Lila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails