Wednesday, July 21, 2010

On Time

Try to be happy in this present moment, and put not off being so to a time to come,- as though that time should be of another make from this which has already come and is ours.
-Thomas Fuller

Here is a piece that I wrote which I thought would be relevant to moments in life that is so wrapped around the very concept of... Time- happy reading!

Time

For so long, I've slept beneath the winter vault.
Our dreams were weaved within the skies long before I've met you in time.
In time, we have held all that we could and draped it into the abyss, and here we lie within the measure of a second.

I wished so hard and long that moments in between our lives that we treasure so much, were like gold dust in our hands, forever pressed into the very premise of our hearts.
So when it has long passed in days, and into years- that beautiful glow, like the strongest candlelight, would overpass the dark crevices that leak though.

Often I press against the glass wall that separates you and I, how much I wish I could clutch you on the other side to where you are, this other life that we're encased.
Would I walk among the greats, I would not fear to feel the groaning trembles of Silence- you my dear, I hold you in the highest.
And you leave me here, these drifts of serene emptiness pauses, the air rushing inside me.

Even if I were the only one left to hold these pillars where we stand, I would fall and fly to all four corners of the earth to bring back all that we ever had.

You execute me with your grace, and I could sink with only just your touch.
The days that unfold into memories of an evening- the Other, it traps and entangles you away from me, would he leave you be if I were to awake?

Your hands fall gently over my eyes... seconds like these, it seems that time was on our side.
The sun has risen, its presence streams through... and if I had the power, I would capture our invention and lock it between our tears- for when rain comes, it would be the only thing that would save me.


6 comments:

  1. once again, beautiful words and perfect images**

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful..do you write that poetry..it's amazing..greets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you guys so much, and yes its very much my writing, all these piece have been my ideas and I love to share then all with you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! These images are great and so are your words! I love it!

    Best wishes from one blogger to another,

    ~Zabrinah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails