Sunday, August 30, 2009

How you wind me up and slide me across the floor...

"I take it that what all men are really after is some form or perhaps only some formula of peace."
-Joseph Conrad (1857 - 1924)


Bonjour all,
Today I woke up bright and early and saw that the sky was a clear blue easy.
Not really, but at least I headed onwards to meet up with my friend in the afternoon.

Grabbed some lunch and then strolled around the Esplanade.. me and Tiff both agree that when we walk around here, I feel swept away somewhere European.

The weather felt more like early spring...I was in my high black boots which I dont' wear until mid-fall...but it felt nice and comforting at the same time. As we sat down to lunch, we discussed how earlier, we were more than ready to head back to university and engage once more in our studies...however being that since this is the last week and how we're trying to make the best out of it everyday...it seemed like we needed more time.
Funny how that turns out.



Alas, I had the opportunity to go attend BuskerFest down at the St. Lawrence. There was a lot of sights, sounds and tastes to dig into and as we walked around, it almost had a old-style carnival aspect to it, which I liked..not to mention some really interesting tents with jewellery and things like those cute little Voodoo dolls they selled...almost got a "Ballerina" voodoo doll, haha.



And as we walked further...a couple of photographers from Eye Weekly asked if they could take a picture. Of course, I consented, and apparently it might appear this coming Thursday..interested to see it..will post it up when I do find it :) I guess they found our chic style alluring enough ;)


I loved this act. It was playing such lovely tunes on its accordion. At first I thougth it was a painted face...and as I crept closer, I realized that its eyes weren't blinking... thereby wearing a mask. Altogether I liked it.


An artist drew a picture of Iron Man! I was stunned at first to see how well he drew this on the sidewalk...was very interesting indeed.


While we were walking around, it was packed... so many people attended this and it's great to know we have such amazing events to take part of in Toronto...that's what makes it such an amazing city. Tried this sweet/salty popcorn too.


That's suppose to be this huge statue of a bicycle. I guess it was for one of the upcoming acts later on... there were many others such as the Piano Juggler...now that was interesting to see..it was playing Chopin while juggling!





There were some great jazz performances as well...great for the atmosphere. Soon afterwards, both of us got tired and so we called it a day. I'm sure that there will be much events coming up this week to make the best out of the Last Days of Summer...so I will be constantly posting!
And so adieu!


3 comments:

  1. You and your awesome outings! :P
    Awesome blog!
    Also, I'm gonna get some music on mine! Hehe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails