Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The World We Found: Thoughts And Inspirations

"And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer." 
- F. Scott Fitzgerald

The Great Gatsby film poster. Love.

Yes, fellow Fitzgerald and Jazz Age enthusiasts: the trailer for Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby has arrived! The spectacle of taking in the costumes, the lines, and the sheer scale Luhrmann has unfolded for our beloved classic, promises incredible cinematography- I just can't get enough.

I always have a deep love for time periods before the 1960's, such as the Jazz Age and the wartime years- whether it's films, music, or the lifestyle, there's something grand about the way things were back then. I truly believe that my mother and my grandmother's generation were one of the greatest.
My heart soars for things like typewriters, gramophones, grand libraries and film noirs! I love listening to big bands like Glen Miller's - especially in the summertime!
If you say dance, I think: swing. If you say romance, I think: old-fashioned love.

Pure magic:

Whenever I'm out horseback riding, I imagine myself to look along the likes Mary Crawford in this picture- but in real life, it often turns out to be more like the Wild West (which I don't complain, I enjoy it as well). The Western style of riding is more predominant here, although I would definitely love to ride English style if the opportunity allows itself. No matter: out on the trail, I'm in my own state of bliss, and nothing can rob me of that feeling.

Must do more riding in my lifetime. From Downton Abbey

Perfect.

Come summertime, I have the urge to re-read this again:


And this: 


I also find myself yearning to walk in a vast field, or sit under a willow tree like I used to do at my grandmother's, while reading this book:



Whenever I fall under the weather or am really ill, I turn to Casablanca for comfort. When I'm well and it's a quiet Saturday evening, I turn to Casablanca for a pick-me-up. Heck, I turn to Casablanca for all kinds of reasons- what can I say, it's an absolute gem!
Iconic.

 I always imagined that if I were able to plan the perfect roadtrip, my transportation would look along like the lines of this: 
My perfect idea of a roadtrip.

And if I had my way of seeing films, I would make sure there would be more of these:

My kind of drive-in.

I'll never forget when I watched Roman Holiday for the first time. I was ten, and I thought Audrey Hepburn was the most wonderful actress I had ever laid eyes on and I wanted to be just like her.

Audrey Hepburn will always be my biggest influence.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for brightening my day! Always love to hear what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails